Friday 23 September 2016

10 Painted Furniture Before and Afters

I've got back into painting furniture in the last few months, both for myself and to sell. I have been experimenting with a  variety of paints, including latex, Annie Sloan chalk paint, Fusion mineral paint and home made chalk paint. I think I like the Chalk paint the most, but am looking for an Australian made product, and one that I may be able to sell in the future. Let me know of any recommendations!

I do list everything I'm selling on my Facebook page (click the link at right or go to kittenvintagemackay), but I thought I'd show you all a few before and afters.....

1. This one was for a client's daughter, home made chalk style paint and beeswax, hand painted lettering (sold)


2. An old kitchen cabinet I found on gumtree, sanded, sealed and feet added (sold)


3. Old meat safe, replaced mesh, sanded, decoupaged and sealed (sold)


4. Old dressing table, stripped, sanded, painted, sealed and new handles (for sale)


5. Cane bedside table for a client, sanded, painted with gold, distressed and waxed (sold)


6. Old dressing table, sanded, painted in home made chalk paint and waxed, new handles (for sale)


7. Small lamp table, painted, distressed and waxed (for sale)


8. 1920s timber chairs, contact removed (yes contact), sanded, repaired, seats painted and sealed (sold)


9. Small laminate bedside table, painted in chalk paint, waxed and new handles (sold)


10. 1970s carved timber cabinet, painted and waxed with dark wax (sold)


I try and paint every day, weather permitting as I work outside....for now!
I have been working on staging and found a spare wall to photograph against, and things have sold faster. Here's another photo of a dining set I painted and sold the first day...I just don't have a before photo.

Hope these inspire you to get painting!
Deb x





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very important to me and I read each and every one of them! Please leave your blog address so I can visit.